Establishing Red Ribbon Clubs in colleges serves many purposes: educating youth and other members in the wider community on sexuality and HIV/AIDS, development of life skills for students involved, and instilling a spirit of compassion towards people living with HIV/AIDS in our country.
Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS. It envisages to instill charity mind among all the students to extend their able help towards developing healthy life styles, donating blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation.
To reduce the occurrence of new sexually transmitted infections (incidence), particularly HIV, among youth.
• To increase awareness on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
• To impart skills on communication, self-protection, negotiation, and effective group interaction
• To prepare youth as peer educators/agents of change by developing their skills on leadership and team building.
• To encourage blood donations
• To serve as forums for students to participate in the fight against HIV/AIDS
Affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University Shimla, the college is imparting education to youths in various disciplines i.e. humanities, science and commerce at undergraduate level. The admission in all disciplines in the first year of bachelor degree courses is offered as per HPU norms. The college is recognized by UGC, New Delhi and is covered under section 2 (f) and 12 B of UGC Act. 1956.
Address: Vallabh Government College
PIN - 175001
Phone Number: (01905)-235505