To create a global community that values and protects our environment
To sensitize, influence and support communities to protect the natural heritage of the Country and to ensure that natural resources are judiciously utilized for an ecologically sustainable future.
• Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
• Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
• Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
• Revive the indigenous knowledge of organic farming, bio -fertilizer and rain water harvesting, use of renewable energy sources for sustainable development of our society.
• Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate dumping and burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
• Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
• Organize tree plantation programme, awareness programme such as Quiz, painting competitions, wall magazines and rally etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate students about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
• Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/ Parks/ Lakes areas to know about the Bio-diversity
Affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University Shimla, the college is imparting education to youths in various disciplines i.e. humanities, science and commerce at undergraduate level. The admission in all disciplines in the first year of bachelor degree courses is offered as per HPU norms. The college is recognized by UGC, New Delhi and is covered under section 2 (f) and 12 B of UGC Act. 1956.
Address: Vallabh Government College
PIN - 175001
Phone Number: (01905)-235505